Post-publication Discussion and Corrections
The Women, Midwives and Midwifery Journal values constructive post-publication discussions and corrections to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the scholarly record. The following elements form the core of this policy:
- Post-publication Comments:
- We encourage readers and authors to engage in constructive discussions regarding the published articles through the journal's online discussion forum or other designated platforms.
- If errors that affect the interpretation or understanding of the article are identified post-publication, the journal will issue corrections to preserve the integrity of the scholarly record.
- Corrections will be made in a transparent manner, with clear indications of what was changed and why.
- In cases where the errors compromise the validity of the research or ethical standards, retractions may be necessary.
- Retractions will be carried out in a transparent manner, in line with COPE's guidelines, and with clear explanations provided.
- Expressions of Concern:
- If there are concerns about the integrity of an article, but the evidence is not conclusive, an expression of concern may be issued while investigations are ongoing.