The Women, Midwives and Midwifery Journal is dedicated to ensuring the impartiality and integrity of its content. While advertising revenue can contribute to the financial sustainability of the journal, it is imperative that advertising practices remain ethical and transparent to maintain the trust of our readers and contributors. The following policy outlines how advertising will be handled:
- Advertising Approval:
- All advertisements must be reviewed and approved by the journal's advertising committee.
- Advertisements should be relevant to the field of women's health and midwifery, and should aim to benefit the journal's readership.
- Advertisements will be clearly identifiable and distinguished from editorial content.
- The source of the advertisement will be clearly disclosed.
- No Endorsement:
- The presence of an advertisement does not imply endorsement of the product or service by the journal or its editors.
- Advertisers may not make unsubstantiated scientific claims or offer guarantees.
- Advertising Content:
- Advertisements should not be deceptive or misleading. All claims must be supported by factual information.
- The journal reserves the right to reject advertisements that are deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- Conflict of Interest:
- Any potential conflicts of interest related to advertising will be managed in accordance with COPE and WAME guidelines.
- Advertisers have no influence over editorial decisions or content.
- Adherence to Laws and Regulations:
- All advertising practices will adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
This policy aims to ensure that advertising practices are conducted ethically, transparently, and without compromising the integrity of the journal's content.