Allegations of Misconduct
In accordance with COPE's guidelines, the "Women, Midwives and Midwifery" journal has established a clear and robust protocol for reporting and investigating allegations of misconduct. This is crucial to maintain the integrity and quality of the journal. The following technical directions are set to comply with this policy:
- Reporting Mechanism:
- A dedicated channel for reporting alleged misconduct is set up, ensuring confidentiality and ease of reporting. This could be an email address or an online reporting form accessible via the journal's website.
- Preliminary Assessment:
- On receiving a report, a preliminary assessment is conducted to determine the validity of the allegation.
- If the allegation seems valid, a thorough investigation is initiated. This involves gathering all necessary information and communicating with all parties involved, including the author(s), to get a clear understanding of the situation.
- All steps of the investigation are documented to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Decision and Action:
- Based on the investigation findings, a decision is made regarding the necessary action, which could range from issuing a correction to retracting the paper.
- Relevant parties, including the author(s) and, where applicable, the author's institution and funding bodies, are notified of the decision and action taken.
- Appeals Process:
- A clear appeals process is outlined for those wishing to challenge the decision.
This structured approach ensures that allegations of misconduct are handled in a fair, transparent, and timely manner, thereby upholding the journal's commitment to ethical scholarly publishing.