The policy is based on COPE's core practices.
The "Women, Midwives and Midwifery" journal is devoted to maintaining high ethical standards in the publication of scientific research. The following technical directions are established to ensure adherence to ethical oversight in both research and publication processes:
- Research Ethics Approval:
- Authors are required to provide evidence of ethical approval from a recognized ethics committee for studies involving humans or animals.
- Obtaining informed consent from participants is mandatory, and authors should be able to provide copies of signed consent forms upon request.
- Authors are obligated to uphold confidentiality and anonymity of participants, especially in case studies or qualitative research.
- Research should be conducted with integrity and honesty, and authors should report their findings accurately without fabrication, falsification, or manipulation.
- Conflict of Interest:
- Any conflicts of interest that could compromise the integrity of the research should be disclosed.
- Animal Welfare:
- Research involving animals should follow appropriate guidelines ensuring the humane treatment and welfare of the animals.
- Author Responsibility:
- Authors are responsible for the content of their manuscript, ensuring that it adheres to ethical guidelines and reporting standards.
- Editorial Oversight:
- The Editorial Board oversees the implementation of the ethical policy, ensuring that ethical standards are met in the review and publication process.
This policy emphasizes the journal’s commitment to uphold ethical practices in the conduct and dissemination of scientific research, ensuring the credibility and integrity of the work published.