Study Design and Ethics
Women, Midwives and Midwifery Journal is committed to ensuring the publication of well-justified, well-planned, and appropriately designed research. The following core elements form the basis of this policy:
- Research Justification:
- All submitted research should have clear objectives and hypotheses, and the significance of the research must be well-articulated.
- Research Design:
- The methodology should be robust, ethical, and suitable for achieving the objectives of the research.
- Ethical Approval:
- Research involving human subjects, animals, or sensitive data must have obtained necessary ethical approval from recognized ethical boards.
- Informed Consent:
- Obtaining informed consent from participants is mandatory, and it should be clearly documented.
- Data Collection and Analysis:
- Adequate detail must be provided to allow for the replication of the research, and the data collected should be reliable and valid.
- Findings should be reported honestly, accurately, and transparently, irrespective of whether they support the initial hypothesis.
- Adherence to Guidelines:
- Adherence to recognized research reporting guidelines such as CONSORT, STROBE, or PRISMA is encouraged.