Handling of Complaints and Appeals
The "Women, Midwives and Midwifery" journal is committed to upholding the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct. A clear and efficient system for handling complaints and appeals is in place to address concerns from authors, reviewers, and other stakeholders. The following technical directions are set to comply with this policy:
- Receipt of Complaints:
- All complaints should be directed to the designated Ethics and Complaints Committee via email or through the journal's online complaint submission system.
- An acknowledgment of receipt will be sent within 5 working days, and a full response will be provided within 30 working days.
- All complaints will be thoroughly investigated by the Ethics and Complaints Committee in a fair and unbiased manner, ensuring confidentiality throughout the process.
- A comprehensive record of all communications, findings, and actions taken will be maintained.
- Every effort will be made to resolve complaints to the satisfaction of all parties involved, in line with the journal’s policies and ethical guidelines.
- In case of an unsatisfactory resolution, an appeal can be made to the Editorial Board, which will review the complaint and the initial decision.
- Continuous feedback will be sought from stakeholders to improve the complaint handling process.
- An annual report summarizing the nature and number of complaints received, and how they were resolved will be published to ensure transparency.
This structured approach ensures that complaints and appeals are handled in a transparent, timely, and professional manner, reinforcing the integrity and accountability of the journal.